- GPs, Nurses, Doctors
- Social Workers
- Midwives, Health Visitors, School nurses
- Living in deprivation
- Families unable to drive
- Dedicated volunteer drivers
- In their own cars
- Check ups
- Outpatient clinics
All Health Care Professionals who work with children and families can refer children to the charity for transport consideration.
Midwives, School Nurses, Health Visitors, Social Workers are typical of those who we currently receive referrals from.
Area that we serve…
The charity wants to reach children with health needs who require the service the most, children perhaps from deprived areas or families in tough social circumstances. Transport for Sick Children relies on health professionals to use their assessment of a child’s deprivation levels.
Criteria outline to use in assessments:
- Child must live within the Greater Manchester Clinical Commissioning Group boundaries
- Child must be younger than 16 years old
- Child has a health appointment
- Family does not have own transport
- Family is in receipt of benefits or on a low/fixed income. e.g. Housing, Child Tax Credits etc.
- Families who work but receive benefits
PLEASE CLICK to fill in a Referral form