What do people say about us?
'As a regular referrer to Transport for Sick Children I have found the team and drivers to be so accommodating and supportive. There are so many of our families here at the Children’s hospital to whom the charity makes such a difference and who benefit greatly from this much needed transport service in order for them to be seen by their medical specialist’
- Janette Watson, Royal Manchester Children’s hospital.
All referrals in to us need to come from a Health Professional. The majority come from :
- Health Visitors
- Social Workers
- School nurses
The charity wants to ensure it reaches children with health needs that require the service the most. This is mainly children from deprived areas or families with tough social circumstances. Trained Health Professionals will assess whether a family needs our help.
The main criteria to be eligible for our service are :
- The child lives within Greater Manchester
- The child is under the age of 16
- The child has a health appointment
- The family does not have transport
- The family is on a low, fixed income or benefits